Puma, in collaboration with fuseproject, has developed one Clever Little Bag.
I don’t know what is more shocking, the amount of waste this new concept saves, or learning the numbers on how much waste a shoe box accounts for in the first place!!
- 65% less cardboard than the standard shoe box
- no laminated printing
- no tissue paper
- takes up less space and weighs less in shipping
- replaces plastic retail bag
- non-woven which means less work and waste (it is stitched with heat)
- 60% per year reduction on water, energy and diesel consumption on the manufacturing level
- 8,500 tons less paper consumed
- 20 million Megajoules of electricity saved
- 1 million liters less fuel oil used
- 1 million liters of water conserved
- 500,000 liters of diesel is saved during transport
- 275 tons of plastic saved through the difference in weight (replacing traditional shopping bags)
Looks like NIKE’s Considered Design shoebox has some competition!!