The Cumulus conference will be held in Denver from Sept. 29 – Oct.2, under the theme From Understanding to Design and Back Again.
“Designers can no longer be spectators. The boundaries we are used to have disappeared and as human beings we ‘play’ a real role in designing the world around us.” (Cumulus)
Cumulus is a global association serving art and design education and research.
The Paper Lectures and Discussion Sessions look very interesting. Here are just some that caught my eye:
- Ethics Matters! Re-Thinking the Moral Discourse in Design: Lorenzo Imbesi, Carleton University Canada
- Visions of Environmental Art Education – Environment Means Responsibility and Art Stands for Freedom: Markku Matti Hakuri, Aalto University Finland
- Designers as Agents of Sustainable Change: Siriporn Peters, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Thailand
- Values Added: The Legacy of Design Responsibility: Patricia Beirne, Parsons The New School for Design United States of America
- Revision the Future of Design: SEED (Social Economic Environmental Design)
Students—there is a discounted rate for you!