On 25th and 26th September, 2014, The London College of Fashion will host a symposium to explore contemporary South Asian cultures and fashion in relation to youth.
Suggested themes include:
- fashion and consumer cultures
- fashioning youth in cinema /television/music/magazines
- dress cultures, gender and sexuality
- fashion, politics and faith
- South Asian fashion trends and culture in the diasporas
- dress and fashion as resistance and defiance
- fashion, media and technology
The deadline on the call for participation is fast approaching: March 30th.