With 2012 already here in Hong Kong, here’s a look back at ten of our more popular posts from 2011:
- Learn// Greenpeace Targets Dove for use of Palm Oil: The true cost of real beauty
- Nike’s ‘Better World’ will make you want to “puke”
- Suzanne Lee’s BioCouture grows clothes
- Read// Let’s Clean Up Fashion 2011, Labour Behind the Label reports
- Fun Find | Vintage Chinese Fashion Magazine
- Kalpona Akter calls on Wal-Mart shareholders to stand-up for garment workers internationally
- Where Are These Child Labourers Working?
- New York Fashion Week vs. the Ready Made Garment Sector in Bangladesh: whose interests are protected when ‘special’ police hit the streets for fashion?
- Read// Sasha Duerr: The Handbook of Natural Plant Dyes
- Urgent | Knit a Sweater for a Penguin!
- incidentally, if you didn’t get a chance to contribute to the penguin effort you can help a rare weasel species by donating your socks to UCDavis’ Sierra Nevada Adaptive Management Program!
Although we may not post as often as we’d like to, Mary and I are committed to responsible fashion education under a creative commons license. Unfortunately, our full time jobs keep us from devoting our full attention to our passion. We are both working to make Social Alterations a worthwhile endeavor that is both intellectually stimulating and financially sustainable. Thank you for all your support over the years! From me in Hong Kong and Mary in Vancouver, we wish you a truly heartfelt happy new year!