2013 saw garment workers and the social, cultural, political and environmental impacts of fast fashion supply chains gain increased media attention in light of such industrial tragedies as Rana Plaza.
Here’s hoping 2014 can keep up the momentum, without help from another disaster.
As we look back on the year and reflect, we thought to share our own top lessons and stories.
Top three lessons //
- [Lesson 4] Corporate Social Responsibility
- SAGE: The Social Alterations Google Earth Module
- Mitumba: Mapping the Journey, by Maughan Pearce [Higher Learning Activity]
Top three posts //
- Sneaky Business // Oxfam Australia organizes virtual protest to support the rights of footwear workers
- A closer look into Gap Inc.’s new Clean Water Program
- Resources // NPR’s Planet Money Makes a ‘Simple’ T-shirt
We’re pretty excited for 2014, and are looking forward to learning with you.
In Solidarity, from Edinburgh and Hong Kong,
Mary and Nadira